This is a light, easy and flavorful salad dressing – perfect for Spring.
Toss with greens of your choice and chopped cabbage, Add carrot slivers, crunchy chow mein noodles, mandarin orange slices and diced chicken (optional).
Ingredients (amount shown is for two people):
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, pref. low-sodium.
- 1 tablespoon ginger, freshly grated.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic.
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil.
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive or grape seed oil.
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, lightly toasted.
- 1 tablespoon scallion, chopped (green onions).
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a bowl or food processor.
- If using a bowl: SLOWLY drizzle in the sesame and olive, peanut or grapeseed oil, whisking constantly so that the dressing will emulsify.
- If using a food processor, leave it running while you drizzle in the oil.
- When dressing is well combined, add sesame seeds and scallions.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and use within a week.
Place ingredients in a jar and shake well. Some like to add a little sugar for added sweetness. I prefer not to although you can also add a bit of honey if you like.