Don’t remember the last time I bought a salad dressing. It’s all too easy to make your own from scratch and so much tastier. This creamy, versatile and delightful dressing is packed with vitamins and goes with almost any salad. It’s a healthy alternative to dairy or mayonnaise-based dressings.
What you need:
- 1 whole large ripe avocado.
- 1 clove garlic, peeled.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime or lemon juice.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- ¼ cup roughly chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup low-fat greek yogurt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- water, as needed
- Place all the ingredients In a food processor or blender.
- Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides a few times. Thin the salad dressing out with about 1/3 cup water (give or take) until it reaches a desired consistency.
- Keep in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.