- 1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts, well trimmed. Grill chicken until done and shred (or cut up into bite size pieces if preferred). You can even use leftover roasted chicken.
- 4 ounces snow peas
- 1 small package of coleslaw mix (if you don’t feel like shredding cabbage plus it usually comes with grated carrots which are always nice).
- sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (or less)
- crispy chow mein style noodles
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- toasted sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeño chili (with seeds)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- a little brown sugar
- (if you want a creamy sauce you can use about 1/4 cup of mayonnaise and less soy)
Combine vinegar, cilantro, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, chili, dijon, sesame oil and sugar in medium bowl and mix.
Place grilled (or cooked) chicken, coleslaw mix, snow peas, mushrooms, and green onions in large bowl. Pour dressing over and toss to combine.(Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover; chill.)
Just before serving toss in the sunflower seeds, slivered almonds and crispy noodles. Then sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over each plating. Enjoy.