I always knew that orange was a neutral!From beauty looks to fashion, orange has become a key wardrobe essential adding much needed brightness and colour to your winter wardrobe. From delicious tangerine to carrot shades and lighter honey hues, it’s all about injecting a little warmth into your wardrobe by adding powerful energy into your look.
The fiery hue was seen on the catwalk throughout fashion week, from orange stained lips at New York Fashion Week, to striking designs at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia.
Designers are jumping on board this dynamic trend combining it with luscious floral prints, contrasting paneling and sculptured detailing with unique fabrications. The hue has been cropping up time and time again in anything from true, juicy shades to red-tinged bricks and rusts.
Style Tips On Wearing Orange:
- Don’t be afraid to mix with colour. Orange looks fab with yellow or similar hues for a striking look.
- It’s okay to wear black with a vibrant orange but just make sure tobreak up the look with silver jewelery or contrasting accessories. You don’t want to look like a pumpkin.
- Dress down with denim. Nothing adds a cool girl vibe more than teaming orange with skinny leg denim.
- Add a feminine vibe with a sheer blouse or long-line tunic. This fabric and style adds a flattering and sophisticated touch.
- Add white! Think a crisp white blazer jacket over an orange blouse.
- Mix with prints. A floral printed orange top teamed with classic black pants.
- Start out small. Add an orange clutch, beaded necklace or cocktail ring for a vibrant touch that is not too out there.
- Add jewellery like orange beaded earrings, a statement necklace or stacked bangles to inject some flavour.
- Orange shoes and an orange bag (both of which I have) only feels right for summer or resort wear.
- For a casual weekend look, team with your favourite pair of jeans.
- For the office, opt for a vibrant orange blouse teamed with a neurtral coloured pencil skirt and heels.
- For night, you can easily vamp up a classic LBD with an orange clutch or jewels.
Above all, don’t be afraid to make a statement with this gorgeous colour.
I also love these trench coats perfect to pick up your mood on a rainy day.
What about you? How would you incorporate orange into your style?