The operative word here is “EASY”
“I don’t cry over spilt milk but a single scoop of fallen ice cream can ruin my whole day”
LOOK WHAT I MADE:
A friend told me about a really simple recipe to make coffee ice cream. It rang a bell – I think I may have even run across it somewhere like on Facebook but ignored it. In fact it seemed so ridiculously easy to make with only 3 ingredients and no machine involved that out of simple curiousity I immediately went to work on it. Couldn’t believe how good it turned out. I let another friend sample a spoonful. She’s really picky and doesn’t even like coffee ice cream but thought it was very good. So here it is:
3 Tbsp. of instant coffee (make sure it’s instant and not regular ground coffee)
½ can of sweetened condensed milk
2 ½ cups of whipping cream (but don’t whip it)
Using an electric mixer beat everything together until just mixed and pour it into a container and freeze. That’s it!
Note: I froze a few in individual ceramic serving bowls and the rest in a plastic yogurt container. Once frozen, the one in plastic took a few minutes to scoop out because it tends to freeze a little harder than store bought ice cream. It was delicious!
But I didn’t stop at coffee:
Easy Chocolate Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir together sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder and vanilla in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form (do not over beat.)
- Fold sweetened milk mixture into whipped cream. Pour into a 2 quart container, cover and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
I made this original recipe my own by adding some semi-sweet chocolate chips, mini marshmallows & toasted coconut flakes (but no nuts) – a less rockier road!
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com
because ice cream makes everything better (even if only temporarily)
Have a great weekend. Take it easy, make it easy and don’t take life so seriously!