This easy salmon recipe gives you the main course and sides all at once, so fewer pots and pans to clean later. Plus I happened to have tiny potatoes and romaine to use up in my fridge. And sometimes all you need are just three ingredients.
Makes 4 servings
1 pound baby Yukon Gold potatoes (or other bite-sized)
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Four 6-ounce salmon fillets
1 tablespoon melted butter
¼ teaspoon paprika
2 hearts romaine lettuce
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil; arrange in a single layer on a greased baking sheet.
3. Roast the potatoes in the oven until slightly golden and fork tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
4. While the potatoes roast, cut 2 romaine hearts in half and rub with 2 tablespoons olive oil and the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
5. Brush the salmon fillets with the melted butter. Season each fillet with paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Arrange the romaine and salmon on the baking sheet with the potatoes. Continue roasting for 5 to 7 minutes more, until the lettuce is tender and the fish is cooked through.
7. To serve, divide the potatoes, romaine and salmon among four plates.
For when you fancy nothing fancy; just good!