It is said that drinking about 7 to 8 glasses of water daily is important for your health. One thing many people do not know is that having the first glass of water as soon as you wake up also comes with its therapeutic benefits. This traditional Ayurvedic treatment has benefits for conditions that range from *asthma, pain to even cancer. Most of us start our mornings with a fresh, hot cup of coffee or tea and when we drink water, we tend to prefer it cold, but according to Ayurvedic medicine, we have it all wrong. Regularly drinking very warm water, especially in the morning, can heal our bodies, providing digestive power and reducing metabolic waste that could have built up in our immune system.
Statistics: In Japan, it is common practice to drink two full glasses of water upon waking. It’s said to have the ability to fully cure a number of diseases, including cancer, as well as provide a host of other benefits. As a nation, Japan has the overall greatest longevity, currently hosting over 50,000 centenarians, or 100+ year olds. Whether it’s the water practice or something in the tea they drink, we can learn a few tricks from the Japanese.
70% of the human body content is water, and so water plays an important role in the proper functioning of your body.
The human brain cells contain about 85% of water.
75% of muscles is water
Bones also contain about 25% water
82% of blood consists of water.
It is also helpful to consume foods that contain lots of water; for example soups (broth-based), vegetables and fruits.
What Are the Benefit of Drinking Water FIRST THING in the Morning?
It is a long known secret that drinking water as soon as you get up, i.e. before eating anything, is a good way to purify your internal system. One of the most important results of undergoing this treatment is colon cleansing, which enables better absorption of nutrients from various foods. When there is production of haematopoiesis, better known as “new blood”, you will have immense body restorative effects and you can even be cured of existing ailments. Drinking water the first thing in the morning has the following benefits:
- Make your skin glow. Water is known to purge toxins from your blood, and as a result you get glowing skin. And who doesn’t want that?
- Renew cells. Drinking water first thing in the morning increases the rate at which new muscle and blood cells are produced.
- Balance the lymph system. When you drink water first thing in the morning on a daily basis, you help balance your body’s lymph system. Lymph glands found in your lymph system fight infections helping you to perform your daily activities. They also balance the fluids in your body.
- Lose weight. When you consume about 16 ounces of water (chilled), you will boost your body’s metabolism by abut 24% thus help you lose those extra pounds.
- Purify the colon. When you drink water after you have woken up before eating anything, you are purifying your colon thereby making nutrients absorption easy.
- Cures illnesses and diseases. Drinking water first thing in the morning has been proven to cure illnesses such as vomiting, throat disease, menstrual and cancer disorders, eye diseases, diarrhea, urine disease, kidney disease, meningitis, TB, Arthritis, headaches among others.
Source: this according to New Health Guide
My new morning concoction:
This new year’s day I woke up with a dry cough and a bit of a sore throat
and a killer hangover. Besides the normal taking it easy & getting plenty of rest I decided to start the day with several mugs of very warm water and 2 scoops Vitamin C powder (I take Medi C Plus which contains L-Lysine), lemon juice, ginger and honey. Not only is it healthy but it tastes like a very nice tea and I think it really helped in getting me back on my feet. Whatever works right? I think it will become my new first-thing-in-the-morning drink – even before coffee. It might be a good preventative to getting sick in the first place. That and staying away from people who already have a cold or flu.
What works for you?