Your morning routine can easily take a turn for the worst if just seconds after applying face cream, you notice dry, flaky skin appear. Naturally, anyone will go into defense mode and re-up the hydration, but those patchy spots could be a sign that you’ve skipped a critical cleansing step: Exfoliation.
One of the best things you can do for your skin is to exfoliate it. Helping to ease congestion in spotty, blemished skin, it refines pores and can give dry skin back a bit of its lustre. But there’s more to exfoliating than whacking on some gritty stuff out of a tube every now and then. Here are a few things you may not know about how to get – and keep – skin looking its absolute best:
- Oils have a mild exfoliative effect and this makes them brilliant for use as a moisturizer before bedtime. Over night, skin is renewed and you’ll wake up looking fresher. Plus, oils are really nourishing, comforting and perfect for dry complexions. Try getspoilednow.com
- Face cloths can help to gently resurface skin too – but not lovely fluffy ones. Nope, a cheaper, thinner version is your best choice – try something like studio 35 beauty – premium exfoliating facial cleansing pads. One side is soft for wiping and the other side has a micro-bead exfoliating surface. Use with a creme or gel cleanser, and skin will be given that little extra bit of help.
- How often should we be scrubbin’ with the exfoliating grains, gels or pastes? Two to three times a week, and no more. The old fashioned Biore pore strips are still one of the best ways for removing dirt & blackheads around the nose area. I try to use it once a week.
- Rice and fruit are brilliant ingredients for exfoliant products – the acids in fruit gently resurface skin without too much scrubbing, and rice is less harsh than pumice or the gritty grains you often find in cheaper brands. Here’s an excellent choice:
Mica Bella’s Vita-C Exfoliating Peeling Gel provides gentle exfoliation and vitamin C, all in one! They’ve taken advantage of a new technology to formulate the ”Vitamin C beads.” The Peeling Gel removes dead skin cells, leaving your skin silky smooth + with a healthy glow! Available online at: http://www.intrigueimports.com/product_info.php?cPath=3_16&products_id=132
- Exfoliating skin does more than just clear congestion and blemishes – it can make you look younger too. How? Dead skin cells settle in lines and make them appear deeper. Clear the gunk out and it stands to reason you’ll look less lined.
Got any good tips yourselves? Share them in a comment!
http://beaut.ie/ – Ireland’s Leading Beauty Blog