We all know the various ch ch ch changes that David Bowie went through over his vast successful career and since he was the man of style I had to dedicate a whole post to him because:
I love this photo – it shows his unkempt, sexy, elegant side.
- can’t believe he is no longer among us
- he was the original man of style
- his was one of the first concerts I went to see at the Montreal Forum
- I have four friends who got up close and personal with him – in a professional sense
- He was one of a kind and the first and best person at re-inventing himself. Surely that’s where performers like Madonna & Lady Gaga got the idea from.
- out of countless crazy, fun and fashionable images these are my personal favorites
A swashbuckler, with scarf and white shirt. Photo:
Things were looking peachy with “Let’s Dance” Photo: Paul Natkin/WireImage
Guess I love a well-dressed Bowie best. Photo: Richard E. Aaron/Redferns
Bowie’s most normal look of the 70’s. Photo: Steve Morley/Redferns
Handsomely dressed down. Photo: Frank Micelotta/ImageDirect
He can really rock a suit.
Tipping his hat to Sinatra.
Photo: Michael Putland/Getty Images
He brought Baroque back. Photo: Hayley Madden/Redferns
Bohemian fashion crossroad?
Photo: Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images
I too would cover my legs with a trench coat if meeting Tina Turner. Any wise woman would. Photo: Dave Hogan/Getty Images
With his longtime wife IMAN on his 50th birthday – Jan/9/1997
Rock Photographer & friend Dee Lippingwell took this photo among many many other great ones of Bowie.
S T Y L E
Source: Billboard & Dee Lippingwell
He will be missed!