with Creamy Carrot Ginger Salad Dressing
AHA – a healthy alternative to bought salad dressing
Easy to make and soooo delicious! I think you’re going to LOVE this one. Plus it looks pretty, especially in a pineapple bowl.
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil.
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar.
- 2 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped (about ⅔ cup)
- 2 tablespoons peeled and roughly chopped fresh ginger.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice.
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey.
- 1 ½ teaspoons toasted sesame oil.
- ¼ teaspoon salt, more to taste.
In a blender (I use Vitamix), combine all of the salad dressing ingredients as listed. Bend until completely smooth. Taste, and add additional salt if the dressing doesn’t make your eyes light up. It should have some zing to it but you can always blend in a bit more honey if need be.
Serve over greens and add toasted sesame seeds (optional) to top it off and some shaved carrot. TIP: you can have it as a main course if you toss in some cooked salmon or chicken.
Adapted from Love Real Food cookbook